Health Risk Sleep Evaluation
Do you find yourself waking at night gasping for breath?
Are you exhausted all day long because you just can't get a good night's sleep?
'Apnea' is a Greek word meaning "without breath"; people who have apnea
literally stop breathing in their sleep. A cessation of breath lasting for 10
seconds in adults, or 2 and 1/2 breath cycles in a child, is the clinical
definition of sleep apnea.
Sleep apnea is very common and affects more than twelve million Americans,
according to the National Institute of Health. Sleep apnea can strike anyone at
any age, even children. Yet the lack of awareness by the public
and healthcare professionals leads to the vast majority of sufferers remaining undiagnosed and therefore
untreated. This serious disorder can have significant consequences increasing
the risk for heart attack, stroke, diabetes and other serious illnesses.
Choosing a sleep-disorders dentist who is qualified to work with your physician
is essential to your health or the health of a loved one. The dentist you choose
to treat your problem with sleep disordered breathing must be properly educated
and have adequate experience in treating this disorder. While any dentist can
legally treat snoring and/or sleep apnea with an oral appliance, Dr. Gallagher
has the necessary experience and training to provide the right therapy
for your problem. That makes our Cleveland Dentsits a wise choice.
Dr. Michael Gallagher has all of the qualifications required for treatment of
- In-Depth knowledge of sleep medicine
- Proper training in oral appliance therapy
- Experience with a wide variety of appliance types
- Thorough knowledge of oral appliance research
- Up to date knowledge of emerging trends in sleep apnea treatment
- A professional relationship with sleep physicians and sleep labs
- A team approach that co-ordinates the efforts of other necessary medical professionals
- A proven follow-up system to guarantee positive long-lasting results
- A practice approach that helps maximize insurance benefits